What Is Affirm?
Affirm (formerly known as PayBright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment platform, providing shoppers with buy now, pay later solutions at their favourite retailers, both in-store and online.
By selecting Affirm as a payment method at check-out, customers can enjoy their purchase immediately, while spreading their payments over time.
Why Use Affirm?
How Do I Use Affirm?
Select Affirm at checkout
Shop at your favourite stores that offer Affirm and select us as your payment option at checkout.
Get set up *
Use your mobile phone number and email to set up your Affirm plan within 60 seconds. Subject to credit approval.
Enjoy your purchase!
Confirm your payment plan and then you’re done! Enjoy your purchase today and break up the cost.
* Payment options through Affirm Canada Holdings Ltd. (“Affirm”). Your rate will be 0–31.99% APR (where available and subject to provincial regulatory limitations). APR offered is based on creditworthiness and subject to an eligibility check. Not all customers will be eligible for 0% APR. Payment options depend on your purchase amount, may vary by merchant, and may not be available in all provinces/territories. Actual payment option terms will be shown at checkout. A down payment (or a payment due today) may be required. Affirm accepts debit cards and PAD as forms of repayment on payment options. Select payment options may be eligible for repayment in the form of credit cards. Please review the terms and conditions of your credit card when using it as a form of repayment. Sample payment options may be: a $800 purchase could be split into 12 monthly payments of $72.21 at 15% APR, or 4 interest-free payments of $200 every 2 weeks. For more information, please see https://www.affirm.com/en-ca/how-it-works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You’ll need:
● To be a Canadian permanent residennt or citizen and 18 years of age (AB. MB. ON. PEI. QC. SK)/ 19 Years of age (BC. NB. NF. NT. NS. NU. YK.)
● A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or
Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan
● An SMS-capable Canadian phone number and an email address
● To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
If your basket is eligible for monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at
checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to
confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision. If you’re approved,
you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of
your payment plan.
As of writing this, Affirm currently performs a soft credit check that does not affect your credit score, but may appear on your credit report.
To learn more about Affirm and credit checks, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help
Affirm's interest rates are as low as 0% APR (no interest), and 0-31.99% APR where applicable and subject to provincial regulatory limitations. Interest rates are subject to eligibility check and approval.
For more information on interest or fees, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site
At checkout, you can set up convenient, automatic pre-authorized payments that debited/charged
your Canadian Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card.
Unfortunately, Affirm is not able to provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be
due to the information on your credit file, or because Affirm was not able to verify your
identity or your payment method.
Affirm currently accepts pre-authorized debits from your Canadian bank account or a debit
card. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.
No, you will not be charged. If you’ve already made a payment to Affirm and are owed a refund this
may take up to 5-10 business days to appear on your bank account or credit card statement. If you
have any questions about the refund process, please reach out to the Affirm team through this contact
Purchases made using Affirm are subject to our (Home Coffee Solutions) standard return policy. Any
returns will be processed by us directly, and your Affirm balance will be reduced,
cancelled, or refunded accordingly. If we have provided a refund to you via a
gift card, you must still continue repaying your installment plan in full. For information on
returns, review our return policies here.